Friday, August 2, 2013

Summers are for salads & hot dogs

There's just something about salads in the summer...they just taste better! 
Last night I made a mixed green salad of baby arugula and spinach. The mix we bought also have cilantro sprigs mixed in and let me tell you they totally make it that much better (going forward I will always add cilantro to my salads!) To the greens I added chopped cucumbers, mushrooms, walnuts, sliced strawberries and fennel. Had every intention of making a wonderful balsamic dressing, that was until the shelf that was holding the balsamic (and coconut oil) fell. Yes, fell. It was messy and sad, mostly messy thou. After mourning the brand new bottles of balsamic and coconut oil we adjusted and made an olive oil, Dijon mustard, apple cider vinaigrette. It was all the more
rewarding because it was by mistake :)  
Paired it with organic, nitrate free "naked" hot dogs. Totally satisfied my hot dog craving! 

No comments:

Post a Comment