Monday, August 26, 2013

Biscuit Perfection recipe review via The Kitchensmith

If this picture made you stop, like and drool...it had the very same affect on me.  These beautiful golden mounds were easy to make on a Sunday when I had absolutely nothing in the house.  I gathered up 3/4C of almond flour, 3T of coconut flour, 1T arrowroot, 1/2t baking soda, 1/5 t sea salt, 2 eggs and 1/2 C of melted coconut oil (*I melted at 15 second intervals in the microwave.  You can sub bacon grease it you had it on hand.) 1T maple syrup (*I was all out so I subbed raw honey.) 1T finely chopped green onions or chives.  1/2 C sweet potato, roasted and mashed.  Cooked sausage crumbles or sub cooked diced bacon.  

In typical Sunday fashion I eased into making this recipe :) I wrapped the sweet potato in tin foil and popped it into the oven for about 45 minutes at 350...I then climbed back into bed :)  Keep the oven set at 350.

Mix all dry ingredients in medium sized bowl (*I used to think this type detail didn't matter but it's actually quite helpful.  When a recipe tells you a bowl size it usually means you're going to be adding something to it.  In this case the wet ingredients :) Combine the eggs, melted oil and maple syrup (*or raw honey) whisking the eggs well.  (If you microwaved your coconut oil to melt it, stink it in the fridge for a few seconds to cool it so it doesn't scramble your eggs) Pour wet ingredients into the dry (see, what did I tell ya?) and mix to make the biscuit dough.  Fold in the sweet potato first until your dough is a lovely, light orange color.  Finally add the sausage crumbles (or diced bacon).  Dough will be thick.  Use an ice cream scoop.  Serve warm with some Kerry Gold butter if that suits you :)

Eat warm.  The reheat really well.  I used my small convection oven for ease.  If you microwave them do so for 10-15 seconds as you don't want to dry them out.

ENJOY every darn bite and crumb :)


No comments:

Post a Comment